Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Right Now...

I'm trying not to laugh as Collin runs in circles and does a little dance until his shorts fall to his ankles and then he falls to the floor in hysterics. This has been going on for the past 10 minutes. Poor kid is so skinny that his shorts/pants either fit him in the waist and are too short, or they fit in the length but fall off of him frequently. Why not use a belt then? Two words: potty training.

I'm also watching Eden practicing her newly acquired skill of standing on her own and taking a few steps. She's our 3rd child, but I still get as excited to watch her learn and hit each milestone as I did with our other 2 kids.

OK, now Collin just decided he wants to go outside and started pushing my stomach while telling me so. He paused long enough to tell me "Mom, your belly is pushy." Gee thanks. At least my pants don't randomly fall off of me. Good thing he also told me this morning that I look beautiful in the shirt I'm wearing. Yes, he is usually sweet.

So much for "quiet time".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joey is the same way with his pants. Thankfully we're past the potty training stage with him, so he can wear belts. Because he was so skinny, he didn't learn how to do up zippers or snaps until this year - he's always been able to just pull his pants on and off without undoing them!

Steve Luster (Dad) said...

Melanie - You really crack me up!! I can easily picture Collin doing exactly as you describe .... and the "pushy belly" comment is hysterical! Love You Guys!!