Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend at the Cabin

We were lucky to spend this past Wednesday through Sunday with my parents at their cabin up north. Some of the highlights of the trip were:

*the perfect weather, complete with an occasional rain
*that Brynn and Collin had more freedom to play outside and did so pretty happily for hours a day. They found a caterpillar one day that they were completely fascinated by for at least an hour.
*watching the kids play in the rain and get excited about getting to use umbrellas
*getting to finish the long book I recently started reading (The Forgotten Garden--thanks for the recommendation Katie!)
*eating yummy food at our favorite restaurants there
*my dad rocking Eden to bed each night
*relaxing on the hammock (or climbing if you were Brynn and Collin)
*playing Uno with Brynn
*watching Eden walk around the edge of the patio planter with the help of my mom
*feeding ducks at the lake
*having control of the remote control (it was nice to catch a bit of HGTV and a little less Sponge Bob)
*eating our lunches on the porch
*watching the birds and squirrels from the window
*knowing that my kids are creating memories at the same place I have lots of good memories of

1 comment:

Angie said...

I can't get over how much Brynn looks like you, Mel!