Friday, March 20, 2009

I have a feeling...

that I'm going to start hearing alot of "Collin-isms" from now on. All of the sudden, his vocabulary has exploded. He has been delayed in this area, so we are still in that phase of thinking every word out of his mouth is absolutely adorable. He is constantly mimicking us. I think I'm probably the only one that understands most of what he is saying, but he's improving. By the way, we really haven't been teaching him swear words. He's just not real great at pronouncing words like "house" yet. He has, however, picked up on the word "stupid". Lovely. He thinks its funny to get a reaction when he says it (especially from Brynn, who is appalled at hearing it, despite the fact that she is often the one who tells him to say it. Yeah, I'm onto you, girl). Today in the car, he started his chant, "Doo-pid, doo-pid, doo-pid". I gently reminded him that we don't say that word. So, for the next 15 minutes I heard him in the backseat whispering to himself, "Doo-pid, doo-pid, doo-pid...". I admit I was stifling a laugh from the driver's seat.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Daniel did that same thing with dumb today. He stumbled upon the word which sent the girls into a tizzy which in turn sent him into a 20 minute fit of saying dumb. They are all so funny!

Kate said...

That Collin is the cutest. I can't wait to hear some Collin-isms

Angie said...

That cracks me up. I'm so excited that he's talking more now. I guess he's just been taking it all in for the past couple years and now he's ready to share!