Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What did you say?

Lately my kids' vocabulary has really exploded. They both continually amaze Dave and I with the things they say and the words they find to express themselves. Sometimes they don't use their words in exactly the right way however, and we either have to stifle a laugh or guide them toward a more appropriate word. This afternoon I found myself asking Brynn yet again, "What did you just say?"

I was putting away some laundry and Brynn was on my bed singing to herself as she waited for me to finish the laundry. All of the sudden, I realized she is singing "...walk on my toes, and I'm pickin' my nose". What? I remind her that picking her nose is a gross habit. She responds, "No. I'm not picking my nose. It's the song." I ask her where she learned that song (all the while wondering whether or not Dave would be responsible for this one or if there was a boy at preschool she must have been listening to). She answers, "No, mom. You know the song." After a confused pause, I suddenly realized the tune did sound familiar. Colbie Caillat's version of those lines in "Bubbly": "It starts in my toes, And I crinkle my nose". Apparently Colbie isn't quite the lyricist that Brynn is.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Maren just told me to check out the funny post you did, so here I am, laughing my head off. So funny!!