Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things I Could Never Imagine Myself Saying (until I had kids)...

*We don't eat snacks that have fallen onto the bathroom floor.
*The back of the chair is not a ladder.
*Please go find your brother another pair of princess shoes to wear.
*Did you pee your pants or is that your juice on the floor?
*Quit licking your brother.
*Collin, it's not nice to tackle your sister when you're giving her a hug.
*Brynn, it's not really necessary to give a play-by-play when you're using the bathroom.
*Yes, Brynn that anatomically correct picture you drew of the dog is lovely.
*Thanks for bringing me your booger (OK, gross, but really better than the alternatives, like finding it wiped on the furniture or something).
*Good job--you ate all of your chicken nuggets/mac-n-cheese/pizza!
*You have to eat more of your chicken nuggets/mac-n-cheese/pizza before you can have any more fruit.
*When I said wipe your nose, I didn't mean on your shirt.
*Collin, quit standing in your sister's throw up bowl.
*Collin, the throw up bowl is not a basketball hoop.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you have me laughing so hard. I can picture myself saying almost all of them. (Minus the princess shoes part.)
My most repeated phrase is "No, I do not want to see you do jumping-jacks without clothes on."

Mom said...

There are truly a MILLION things you say, that you would NEVER have imagined you would say! I speak from experience. Maybe that's why our perspectives change. There are so many more things to worry about that these things are really insignificant!

Kelly said...

Oh, I love your kids...miss you guys!

"Grandpa" Steve Luster said...

Melanie - this is definitely a great posting! After a tired and stressful day, you have brought a big smile and a hearty laugh to me. You are so creative! Love You, Dad.

Angie said...

I'm dying laughing, having said some of these and imagine saying many others in the future. Kids sure do make for good material, eh?

So, you're on the final countdown!! Excited? PLEASE call me from the hospital. I want to know when she gets here!!!