Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Enjoying Some Uneventfulness

(Sorry for the lack of pictures lately. My photo editing software is all on my desktop which has been having some major internet problems for awhile now. I can only access the internet through the laptop.)

This past week and a half has been especially stressful lately, as poor little Eden has been sick with one thing after another. My schedule has consisted of constant snuggling of said baby, with brief interruptions for things like cleaning up after her sicknesses and providing snacks for the other kids. Oh yeah, and a brief bathroom break for myself once or twice a day, where I could see Eden's little feet peeking from under the bathroom door between her cries for me. There have been lots of tears, lunches in the form of popcorn for the older two kiddos, and not near enough sleep for any of us. I tend to be a worrier, and one of the things I can easily find myself worrying over is the health and safety of my family. Honestly, this winter has been especially challenging, as we seem to have picked up about every virus going around. Its hard when I'm not able to leave the house for days, am not sleeping well, have a messy house, and all the other things that go along with being sick or having sick kids. Despite all efforts otherwise, the three kids seem to share any sickness they happen to pick up lately. That can mean several weeks for a single illness to work its way through the family. Fun stuff.

This also means I have missed church more often than I have been these past few months, so I haven't had that weekly time of being uplifted in that way. However, I am so thankful for His tender mercies in my life. Yesterday and today I had conversations with two different friends, and they shared with me some of their thoughts and perspectives on topics that have been heavily on my mind lately. The words they said were answers to things I have been praying about. It was a nice reminder that Heavenly Father is so aware of us and our needs, and wants what's best for us. Those experiences, and the fact that Eden seems to be doing well today, have provided a much-needed lift to my spirits. I felt so grateful today as I was able to get back to my mundane little routine of dishes, laundry, and my other household duties. I have been thankful to see Eden's happy smile return to her face, and have the opportunity to give some extra attention to Collin. Brynn is enjoying playing at her friend Q's house after she slept over there, but I am looking forward to playing games and reading books with her when she returns. We are really appreciating our "mundane and boring" again.

No comments: