Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day!!

I am so grateful for these guys:



I am so thankful for the wonderful relationship that I have with my dad. I love and respect him so much and truly cherish the friendship we've developed. He has been there for my family and helped me through some really difficult times. He was at the hospital almost every single day when Collin had his heart surgery and recovery. My dad had so much going on with his work during those couple of weeks, but he put much of it aside to be with us. His faith and strength (and the priesthood blessings he gave Collin and I) really helped us get through the ordeal. I really admire his honesty and the love he has for his grandkids.








I am thankful for my father-in-law Ralph too. I love to hear Dave talk about his Dad. It is obvious that he has so much respect for him, and I know that played a big part in the good decisions Dave made growing up and the person Dave is today. When Dave and I first got married, we lived at Ralph's house for a few years while Dave got established in his career. I will always be grateful to him for that. He was always so aware of our need for independence despite living under his roof. He is also an amazing grandpa to Brynn and Collin. He knows how to deal with their little quirks and can find humor in the little things they do. They both love him so much, because they know that he loves them for who they are.




Of course, I am also grateful for Dave. He is an amazing dad to our kids. He is very involved in their lives and loves to spend time with them. He is always planning fun little things to do with them. He even shares the nighttime responsibilities, since our kids don't always sleep through the night. They love him so much, and it makes me so happy that he does what he can to have a close relationship with them.

I hope Dave and our dads have a very Happy Father's Day!!






2 comments:

Angie said...

Your dad also sent out update emails almost daily during Collin's time in the hospital. It was a nice way for all of us to know how you and he were doing without having to bother you guys with phone calls. He's a very sweet dad!

Kate said...

That picture of your kids with your dad is priceless :) Your blog is so cute! I guess I'll see you Wednesday!