Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rocky Point

That's the view I was fortunate enough to wake up to last weekend. I just got back yesterday from 5 days in Rocky Point. I had so much fun with my friend Kelly, her sisters Kristen and Kara, their parents, and Kara's friend Shannon. We rented a condo at Las Palomas resort, right on the ocean, and spent our trip relaxing by the pool, at the beach, or floating on the lazy river (apparently on inner tubes that we had innocently stolen). We played cards and watched movies every night, and I got to sleep in later than I have in YEARS. It was great! Check out the pool. They had about 3 different pools, plus the lazy river, and a water slide. 5 days without laundry, cooking, dirty diapers, schedules, or stress. I think this should be an annual thing!

Meanwhile at home, Dave did a great job holding down the fort without me. I would get an occasional email from him that included pictures of the kids swimming or eating donuts or something. When I got home, the house was picked up and our bed was made. He even fed the kids and gave them baths last night. He's such a great guy! I'm a lucky girl! I'll have to get some of the pictures he took while I was gone to upload.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Even though I could die from jealousy as I sit here, I will just be very happy for you that you were able to get away and relax. You deserve it! That looks so super beautiful. Laurie said you had a sick kid during the VT appt. but now I see what was really going on! :)

Angie said...

Ditto what Kate said. What a fun girls' trip!

Ariana Sullivan said...

That's so awesome! I'm a bit jealous, lol.
I'm glad you had such a great time- hopefully it's not too long before you get another vacation :)