Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Trance!


Today is my nephew's birthday. I can't believe he is already 11! He was the first of our nephews or nieces, and since we didn't have any kids of our own when he was born, I would spend as much time with him as possible. I got the opportunity to have him over once a week for a few years while his parents were both at work. I had had some horrible experiences with kids when I used to babysit as a teen, but my time with Trance really helped me realize how wonderful kids could be. I have loved to watch his personality develop as he has grown. He is a very smart kid, and has a great sense of humor. He is also so sweet with his cousins, despite his being so much older than them. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday Trance!! We love you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Mel, I've been busy and missed visiting with you lately! I loved your post about "mother mercies"! I just read it and it's just what I needed to hear after a rough night with the kids. You're so great!!!

Angie said...

It cracked me up to remember at least one of the nightmare babysitting families that we both frequented as teens. That would scare anyone out of having kids!