Sunday, September 14, 2008

California Trip, Part 3

On Wednesday morning, we all headed back to Solana beach for some family photos (I'll post some of those later). Then it was lunch at Milton's, where Collin spilled his entire bowl of applesauce all over himself and the floor. What a mess, but the food was good. After a quick stop at a nearby toy store, the C family had to head back home. We decided to head off to Balboa Park so I could take even more pictures. Brynn, who usually doesn't like having her picture taken, was so patient with me as I took her around to all the great little photo spots I kept finding. Brynn enjoyed checking out the sculptures, buildings, fountains, koi pond, greenery, and butterflies. I love that place!


I've been to Balboa Park before, but this time we discovered a fun little artists' community. There were lots of little art studios lined up next to each other, and a fun and colorful walkway between them. I was in photo heaven there.


The next day, Thursday, we rented bikes and a bike trailer and rode along Mission Beach. Brynn was having a good time, but Collin only stayed in the bike trailer long enough to eat a pack of crackers. He wiggled his way out of the buckle and almost fell out. Dave ended up carrying him in one hand while he rode the bike back with the other hand. Hey, it was a fun half hour.


Afterwards, we went to get the kids slurpees. Brynn had been saying she wanted a "sloppy" for a couple of days. Dave finally figured out she meant slurpee. About 2 minutes after this happy picture was taken, Brynn poked herself in the eye with the straw and spent half of our lunch time crying.



Then it was back to the hotel, so Collin could get his only official nap of the trip. Meanwhile, Dave took Brynn back to the beach for a bit and then the two of them swam in the hotel pool. Then, we decided to head back home that night and began packing. The kids entertained themselves by jumping on the bed and watching movies.




It really was a great week! We all had so much fun together, and my kids loved getting to spend every day with Quinci. Thanks C family!!

7 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

Looks like soooo much fun! GREAT Pictures!!!

Angie said...

That last picture of them in bed is SO SWEET!!

Kate said...

So many dang cute pictures! Ah- I just love California :)

Shawni said...

Oh man I wnat to go there! Those pictures are gorgeous. My favorite is the one in bed. That lighting is so pretty! I love the one through the iron fence too. So glad you had such a fun time.

Jen said...

What cuties, I love that last shot (and the one with the gate / fence).

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! Hey, we go to Solana Beach every year for a week with Casey's entire Blake extended family. About 60 of us caravan over there, and have 13 condos all together. It's a party all week long! Your pics brought back fun memories!

Jen said...

P.S. I've tagged you on my blog, check it out.