Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is Dave and my 13th anniversary. I seriously can't believe it has been that long. It's one of those things where I can hardly remember the time before we were together, and yet it seems like only yesterday that we were dating. All these years later, I feel even more lucky to have him than I did when I was accepting his proposal. He is the funniest person I know, he is extremely intelligent, and he's pretty darn good looking too!! Bonus: he usually fixes dinner for us on Sundays and he does alot of the laundry. I am also so grateful to have a husband that is so involved with his kids. He likes to think of fun things for us to do with them or experiences he wants them to have. Seeing him as a dad has made me love and respect him even more. When he knows that I've had a hard day, he encourages me to get away for some time to myself and he'll take over with the kids. He also has a strong spiritual side that amazes me. He can be in the middle of a challenge that might shake someone else's faith, and he reminds me the situation could always be worse, and that Heavenly Father knows what is ultimately best for us. He is definitely the rock of our family. Dave, I want to make sure to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love you! I am looking forward to many, many more anniversaries together!

8 comments:

Shawni said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you two found each other.

I'm SO sorry about your uncle. I heard great things about him but never knew he was related to you. It's just such a tragic story. I hope all your family is recovering ok from the loss. Again, I'm just so sorry.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow! We are just a few months behind ya......our 14th is in December. It just keeps getting better doesn't it?
You are both such great people!

The Luster Family said...

Mel & Senor David,wwe just wanted to say HI, and wish u a Happy Anniversary!! Love Naty & Brian, Mica and Cami.

Angie said...

Holy Cow! That IS a long time. I remember that you guys were getting married a few days after I went into the MTC. I bought your wedding present and sadly handed it over to my mom to deliver to your reception. And then you sent me a huge envelope full of all your wedding pictures from the reception. I was MUCHO excited.

Yay for 14 years! May you have many more 14's to come!

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary and have a great trip Melanie! I love that picture of you two!

Rhonda said...

What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!

Just K said...

You two are so cute! Congrats to the both of you, many happy returns!

robin said...

Happy Aniversary hope you both had a great day.


So very sorry about your uncle. He sounds like he is an amazing person.