Sunday, August 31, 2008

(More) Baking with Brynn

After church today, Brynn and I made cupcakes. Nothing fancy, it was from a box, but that meant she could help with each step. We had so much fun, and we got to talk about what she did at nursery today, some things we are going to work on improving this week, things we did over the weekend, etc. Luckily, Collin takes a long nap after church, so Brynn and I really enjoyed the rare one-on-one time. When I told her we could put sprinkles on the cupcakes, she got so excited. No, really...SO excited. She saw me get out all the sprinkles, and I asked her if she wanted to put some on herself, and she answered with "that's the best thing I've ever heard!!" Like most kids, she took the opportunity to put on as many sprinkles as that little cupcake could hold. And then some. I love how kids find happiness in the most simple of things. A $2 box of cake mix, some sprinkles, and half an hour of my undivided attention, and it made my little girl's day. I think I'm going to make this a Sunday tradition.

No comments: