Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Everyday

So most days are not particularly exciting around here. Whenever I haven't seen a friend or family member for awhile, and they ask what we've been up to, I always struggle with an interesting answer to that. Surely they don't want to hear details about the piles of laundry I am always working away at, or the great deal I got at the grocery store last week, or even that organizing project I finally got around to doing. However, that is what most of my days are like as a mom. Full of lots of little things to get done, that I never really appreciated my mom doing when I was growing up. But those little ones that I am forever picking up after or still trying to get to sleep through the night provide me with more happiness and laughter than I could have imagined. The funny or cute little things they do is what keeps Dave and I going when all the mundane things seem too much. For example, check out this little guy:Yes, folks, those are oven mitts on his feet. Collin definitely got his dad's sense of humor, and will do anything for a laugh. He also tends to wear his shorts on his head more often than he does on his legs, which still gets us laughing, even though its pretty much a daily occurrence. This little goofball can take a bad day, and make you forget all about it in an instant.

Then there's this little missy:
She has learned that whenever she smiles, it always makes us smile as well. She frequently walks right up to me, gets right up in my face, and flashes me the cheesiest smile you've ever seen. And each and every time, it does make me smile back. How could it not? She is also an extremely sensitive little soul. Of anyone in our house, she is always the one to notice if I have a headache or am sad or something. I'm not usually even aware that its obvious, but she will come over to me and rest her head against me and rub my arm. She asks me in the sweetest voice if I'm OK, and once she has given me a hug and kiss, she will pronounce that I'm all better. And she's right, it does make it better.

I think one of the very best parts about these two is that they are good friends. Of course, they argue and take each other's toys away from each other, and all that sibling goodness, but they truly love to be together. This is one of their latest things:
They like to sneak into the pantry and take a bag of cereal out to snack on. I found them like that the other day, each with their own huge bag of cereal, watching cartoons together.

So if you are wondering what we have been up to lately, this is it. Lots of laundry, the good deal I got at the grocery store, that organizing project I finished, and all the everyday moments that these two little ones provide. And I love it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

They are SO CUTE!! My son also does that with my oven mitts LOL.

Thanks for stopping by on my blog!

Just K said...

I feel the same way when someone asks me what I have been up to. I'm glad i'm not the only one. Speaking of those great deals that you find, I have searched and searched for the butterfly dress that you found for Bryn. I can't find it, and anything close to it is more than $20. You are a lucky shopper.

Angie said...

I haven't been on your blog for a while, apparently . All these new posts that I've missed out on!
I hear you! The monotonous daily chores all blend in together, but I love every minute of it. Kids are such a blessing and add such a fullness to life. I'm always happy to see what good buddies C & B are.