Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recent Random Photos

Since we've spent the past month taking turns fighting some nasty flu and then ear infections, etc, we've had lots and lots of time at home. I've hardly taken any pictures (who wants to see cranky kids with runny noses or an entire family still in pajamas without a bath?), but I did get a few of our day-to-day. Brynn loves to create little pieces of art. She asks several times a day if she can paint or color or use the scissors.
Love her intense concentration here. I mean, she IS using two crayons at once.

In addition to art, she also loves to cook and bake. She definitely did not get this from me. I'm sure in about 2 more years, she will surpass me in her culinary skills. I love how she decided to put the dough on the cookie sheet...who wants to waste time on little cookies? Collin has been developing new skills of his own. Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of him learning how to jump over the back of the couch or do somersaults into the furniture or eat fistfuls of dog food at a time. So these two pictures will have to do. OK, so he's just getting breathing treatments, but I had to take a picture, because Dave taught him how to hold the little mask over his face by himself. Collin HATES having the elastic around his head, but he'll usually hold it there himself. It also helps that that frees up Dave's hands to play funny dog videos on the computer while C gets his treatment.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I thought I had already commented here, but apparently I didn't. Cute little cook in your kitchen--I like her cookie sheet idea too. Collin and Dave's pics are very sweet.

Shawni said...

Love those pictures! Now I'm going to go bake some cookies. My mouth is watering.