Tuesday, August 12, 2008

July/August Celebrations

After 2 1/2 weeks of being sick, while everyone else in our house took their turns with a cold/flu as well, I am feeling so behind on EVERYTHING! We wanted to wish a belated Happy Birthday to Ida! Ida is married to Dave's dad, so I am lucky enough to have two mothers-in-law! She is so much fun to be with, is an amazing hostess whenever we visit, and is one of the most generous people I know. We always love when we get the chance to go visit her or when she's in town! Happy belated Birthday! (I know, I'm a loser for being so behind! Sorry!)

I also wanted to wish my parents a Happy Anniversary! I am so grateful to have their example of a lasting marriage. They have shown me that marriage can be tough sometimes, but you have to continually work hard at it in order to make it work. They have also been a good example to me of the selflessness that goes into a successful marriage. My parents have become two of Dave and my best friends!

Yesterday, just a few days after celebrating their anniversary, my dad also had a birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! I love and respect him so much. He is an incredible example of honesty and integrity to me, and I am so proud to call him my dad. Thanks, Dad, for braving the sicky germs to come over and give Collin and I a blessing the other day. I appreciate your willingness to always give us blessings when we have needed them. I know they have gotten us through some difficult things, and I have gained such a testimony of the power of priesthood blessings because of it. We love you!

And last, but not least, Happy Birthday to Dave's sister Laurie!! We haven't seen her in quite awhile, but we are excited that she is planning a trip here in a few months! We are looking forward to catching up with her and laughing until our faces hurt (she always gets us cracking up!). Hope she has a good day!!

1 comment:

The Hostetter Family said...

Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment but I found your blog through another friend's link. My name is Julie (Florence) Hostetter. I was best friends with Dave's sister Laurie when I lived in Michigan. I have since lost touch with her and would love to reconnect. Could you please forward her my email address and let her know I'm trying to contact her? Thanks a ton, Julie
sjhostetter@msn.com