Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two posts in one day...

...but I had to give Collin his own separate post, because he said his first sentence yesterday. He said "I love you". Of course, it isn't as clear as an adult saying it, so I wasn't sure that's what I was hearing. But he said it a few more times, and then when I called my mom to tell her about this recent milestone, he said it for her too. What's especially exciting about it is that we are still "watching" Collin to see if he has some kind of speech or hearing problems. At 19 months old, he is still barely saying any words and doesn't really "baby talk" or babble. He mostly just grunts alot or points to things to communicate. Once again, I had been worrying about his lack of talking this week, and then he goes and says a sentence. And its so sweet that "I love you" would be his first sentence. He is such a sweet, affectionate little guy. His newest nickname is "Muffin Man" (which grew from "Cuddle Muffin", because he is always giving everyone hugs and kisses). We even changed the song "Do you know the Muffin Man?" to "Collin is our Muffin Man".... It's funny how cheesey your own kids can make you, but it is the cutest thing to hear Brynn singing in the other room about Collin being our Muffin Man. Go Collin!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Your muffin man is very sweet. I'll have to call you and tell you about Emy's youngest who had a hard time deciding to talk. He's turning three in November and is just recently talking much better.

Andrea said...

I enjoyed catching up on what's going on with you! Your photography looks so great. I was actually thinking about you recently and wondering if you would take some family pictures of us in a couple of months. We are in serious need of an updated family pic. Great job! I'm thrilled to hear Collin's first sweet words. I love that little guy! Andrea