Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let the Schooling Begin!

I know it's only preschool, but it is so weird to be sending my first child off to school of any sort. I'm not exactly a "young mom", but I suddenly felt so much older as I loaded up Brynn's little backpack and sent her off to her class. I had to do the mom thing and take a picture of her before she left. I could hardly get a good one of her, because she would not stay still or stop making goofy faces. I could tell she was as nervous and excited as I was. When I went to pick her up, I was happy to hear that she did well for her first day. (She even used the potty and stayed accident-free. Yay!!) My girl is growing up, and I am so excited for all that her future holds for her.

I know Collin's going to miss his best friend while she's at preschool, but it will be nice for me to get a little one-on-one time with him. I had to get a few shots of him as well.



2 comments:

Shawni said...

Such cute pictures, Melanie! What sweet kids. I especially love the first and last ones...what great eyes those kids have!

Kate said...

I'm so glad that our girls have preschool together! Isn't it fun to watch them start new things and grow? It'll be fun to get Sadie and Collin together for a little "playdate" :)