Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Collin!

Today is our little man's 2nd birthday! We are so grateful for Collin and the sweet little guy that he is. There are so many things that I love about him. He has a fun sense of humor, and is always trying to entertain us or make us laugh. He still can't say very many words, but he has a million facial expressions to help him communicate. He's also very affectionate, and is very generous with his hugs and kisses. In fact, he is awake almost every morning before Brynn, and as soon as he sees his sister, he stops what he's doing and goes to give her a big hug. Seriously, its one of my favorite things. Collin loves to be around people, and people seem to be drawn to him. He has already had a tremendous effect on so many people! Some other little facts about Collin:

*he is one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met (including Dave--that's hard to beat!)
*he can chug an entire sippy cup of milk in one attempt.
*he loves books
*he didn't start sleeping through the night until very recently
*he's got a big sweet tooth
*he can be so quiet. When we're in the car, we often think he's fallen asleep, when really he's just taking everything in. Same goes for playing. I get really nervous when I realize that he's playing so quietly, since with most kids that means they're into something. Not with this kid. There have been plenty of occasions when I will go in his room, and he is just playing quietly by himself.
*his favorite toys include a ball, his new tent, and his (or his sister's) guitar
*he is scared of the carousel, but not afraid to climb on top of any piece of furniture and jump off
(in fact, he was climbing before he could walk)
*from the time we first brought him home, he has absolutely adored his sister.
*he is obsessed with hats, and is very specific about how he wears them. If we put his baseball
hat on with the bill in front, he almost always turns it around.
*this guy can even make a nod look adorable (since he doesn't talk much, he ends up nodding his head yes alot, and he does it very slow and deliberate.)


Here are a few pictures of him over his two years:
Happy Birthday Collin!!! We love you!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! I did not realize Collin's birthday was so early in January! What a sweet little guy! Those baby pictures are so precious. I can't believe these sweet babies are growing so fast.

Angie said...

Wow! He's already two. He's such a cutie!

Rhonda said...

He is too cute. I would have said happy bday to him today if I knew. So he is a boy that plays quietly in his room...I can't imagine what that is like.

Just K said...

Happy birthday to such a sweet little boy! Ella was looking at the pictures with me, and because of all the close-ups, asked "Does he not have a body? Where is it?". Aren't kids so silly? They make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe he's 2! He had a tough beginning, but WOW!!, what a cutie!!!! I love your "little man" so much!! He is a true blessing in my life!
Mom