Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fruits of our Labor

A couple months ago, I posted about the little (2' x 4') garden that we started. I thought I'd show how it looks now. We planted 4 zucchini plants and 4 tomato plants, along with another tomato plant in a pot on the back porch. I wasn't expecting much, since I don't know much about gardening, but I knew it would be worth the experience for Brynn and I. Each morning, we have faithfully gone out and watered our little plants, and today we finally got to pick our first vegetables...two huge zucchinis. Apparently, we should have picked them before they got so big, but they should be fine in some zucchini bread or something. Brynn was so excited to gather our little harvest. There are more zucchini and a few tomatoes that are growing and should be ready to pick in the next few weeks. I'm thinking next year, we can get a few more grow boxes and try some more vegetables.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So awesome! I want to try one of those boxes next year. If I can find a good spot.

Andrea said...

I am so super impressed! Gardens intimidate me greatly. Brynn is gorgeous. I love her hair. Hope your summer is starting out fun!
Love,
Andrea