Monday, June 1, 2009

Another milestone for the Big Boy


My little man is growing up. I have been seriously dreading the whole potty training thing with Collin, since it was a 14 month NIGHTMARE with Brynn. Last night and then again this morning, we have been rushing Collin to the toilet when it is obvious he is going to the bathroom. This morning, he had success. He wasn't even freaked out about it like I expected. As soon as I set him on the toilet, he requested "no help", and proceeded to go about his business. He almost fell in the toilet a couple of times, but he was OK. I can't believe it. He is definitely moving out of the baby stage, and I am not sure how to feel about that. I mentioned in a previous post that we moved him to the "big boy bed" recently. We actually had to remove the crib from his room, because he and Big Sis decided it was fun to climb in and out of during his "nap time", and use it as a trampoline. His vocabulary has also skyrocketed lately. He copies almost everything we say, and can communicate pretty well. Of course, I act as his translator quite a bit, since he likes to add extra pauses and syllables to his words. Its so fun to see the explosion of learning that is taking place in him. Of course, he still has those challenging, stereotypical 2 year old moments (throughout much of the day, as a matter of fact), but I am so grateful for the sweet little guy that he is, and the extra love he has brought into our home.

Here he is showing off the reward of success on the potty:
And this one is blurry, but I had to include it anyway, since it shows how proud he is. That is the face he makes when you ask him to smile.
And the proud sister...She did a little dance and told him what a good job he did. I think she's also extra happy, because she got a lollipop too.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

That is so great Melanie! Every time I think about potty training Nate, I just cringe and try to ignore it. Your kids are so cute!

Kate said...

Wow! Great job! I'm like Kathryn- I keep putting it off. Love your kids!

Ariana Sullivan said...

Brooklyn gets candy when Sierra goes potty in the toilet as well. It encourages her to tell Sierra to go pee often. lol

Sierra was/is like your Brynn. Potty training her has been absolute torture for me.