Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

Always a little behind, I am just now posting about Father's Day. It ended up being a pretty busy day. The kids and I made breakfast for Dave while he slept in. We served waffles with fresh berries, scrambled eggs with cheese, and juice. We spent the rest of the morning making rolls to take to dinner that night, and getting ready for church. After church, Dave's dad Ralph and Ralph's wife Ida came over for a bit. They are in town visiting for a couple of weeks, and its been so fun to see them. After they headed off for their evening plans, we were off to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day (as well as the June birthdays for my side of the family).

Hopefully Dave had a good Father's Day and knows how much we love and appreciate him. He is such a good dad, and I feel very fortunate to be married to someone who is so involved in his kids' lives. They love him so much, and get excited for the time he spends with them. Brynn loves when he takes her on little dates to see a movie, or when she gets to go to work with him (usually looking at houses or meeting up with potential renters at a property). Collin loves that Dave will get down on the ground with him and let him play rough. Whenever Dave lays down on the floor, Collin immediately stops what he is doing and runs over to sit on Dave's back and play. He's definitely a fun dad!

I am also so grateful for my dad, and the amazing person he is. He has shown me time and time again that he is always there for me when I or my family really need him. He has been such a source of strength to me through some difficult times. I don't know what I would do without him. As well as being my dad, he has become a good friend. I have so much love and respect for him!

I also have some wonderful grandpas and an incredible father-in-law. They are great sources of support, and I appreciate the example they all are to me. Each of them are always so good about putting others before themselves and being very down-to-earth. I feel so blessed to have so many good men in our family to show my son how he should be.

No comments: