Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brynn's 5th Birthday

This time of year is especially busy for our family with all of the holidays and most of our family's birthdays. Brynn's birthday is the last of the bunch. She turned 5 on January 27th. She was really excited this year and had been asking for days, OK more like months, when it was going to be her birthday. She was a little confused about the difference between her birthday party and her actual birthday, but I think she was just excited to get to celebrate twice. She had preschool that day, and was assigned to bring the snack that week. She helped me make cupcakes with sprinkles to bring to her class. During their snack week, the assigned child's mom is also invited to come to the end of class one day for the show and tell time and to read their child's All About Me book. It was so fun to get to see Brynn in her class and meet some of her little friends. It was also fun to see how excited Brynn was to have me there. I know that will probably change all too soon as she gets older. While I was at Brynn's preschool, my mom was watching Collin and Eden. After preschool, we picked them all up and went to our favorite pizza place for lunch. Brynn was really taking advantage of it being her birthday, and kept telling us that she got to decide what she wanted to drink at lunch "because its her birthday", etc. Its funny how there are some things that all kids seem to say (like how they get to do something because its their birthday, or the whole "well then you're not invited to my birthday party" thing which we heard plenty of times recently). That night, we went with my parents, Dave's mom Cheryl and Cheryl's husband Jerry to one of our favorite gelato spots. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but it was a good day, and Brynn was happy.

Brynn, at 5 years old:

--you weigh 37.5 pounds and are 41.4" tall (in the 35th and 29th percentile, respectively)
--you absolutely love your baby sister and are so gentle with her
--you are very sensitive and can often sense when someone is sad or not feeling well or upset
--you are also very bright, and will ask question after question until you really understand whatever thing you are wondering about (I already find myself not having the answers to lots of your questions)
--you can spell your name, as well as "Collin", "Eden", "mom" and "dad"
--I'm sure you will be reading before too long, since you can now sound out most of the letters and can tell me what letter most words start with
--you love to rhyme
--you enjoy doing crafts and other projects
--you love to play dress up and often end up wearing your dance clothes on non-dance days. You frequently ask us to watch you perform your dances
--you love music, and I'm already having to ask you to turn down/off your music when you leave your bedroom. You mostly listen to the 2 CDs your dance teacher gave you of the recital music.
--you have become quite a big help to me, and I am often amazed at the things you understand or figure out how to do. You have been making your own bed now for quite awhile, and it is so cute how intentional you are with the placement of each thing. Sometimes each pillow and stuffed animal has its exact assigned spot, and other times you get creative with their placement. You love when I notice those things too.
--your favorite TV show is Wow Wow Wubbzy

Here are your answers to a few questions I asked you:
Your favorite color: pink
Your favorite food: mac-n-cheese, candy
Your favorite thing to do: go to the bouncey place
Your favorite thing to wear: my pink and brown dress with flowers on it
Your favorite thing to play: pick up sticks
Favorite toy: my candy jewelry machine and my bike
Favorite dress up: my tutus
Favorite kind of animal: a horse, because it gives rides and is super friendly and doesn't bite
My best friend: MaJesta, Micaela, and Quinci
My favorite holiday: the days I can ride my bike and do my candy machine. My birthday is pretty fun too.


We love you so much Brynn and are so grateful you are our daughter! Happy Birthday!!

No comments: