Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eden's Blessing


This past Sunday evening, we had Eden's blessing at our home. Typically, baby blessings are on the 1st Sunday of the month at our church, but with our extended family's conflicting schedules, we were able to have it our home. It was such a special night, and we were so grateful for the love and support we felt. Apparently Eden wasn't too sure what was going on, and cried throughout half of the blessing. However, I could still feel the love that Heavenly Father has for our precious little girl, and felt so humbled at the blessing it is to be her mom. After being told by a doctor a decade ago that "it would take a miracle for us to have children on our own", it is overwhelming to think that we were blessed with 3 miracles. It is truly a reminder that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, and it is often so much better than any plan we could ever make for ourselves if we just have faith in Him.(Brynn ended up with pinkeye in both of her eyes, so she and I spent most of the afternoon at urgent care. That would explain why she looks like she has been crying in each of the pictures.)


After the blessing, Collin and my Grandpa B were playing around. Collin pretended to get my Grandpa with the sword and my Grandpa would fall to the floor. Then, Collin would help him get back up. Too cute! Meanwhile, my Grandma was helping out with Eden.

2 comments:

Kate said...

How special to have such an intimate setting for her blessing. Her dress is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love baby blessings. My sister blessed her first at my parent's house for the same reason. It was really nice in that setting.