Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eden at 9 months


I cannot believe our little baby is already 9 months old!! It is so fun for me to see her reach each milestone and continue to grow and learn, but it also makes me sad to think that this will probably be the last time I get to experience it all with a baby. I have just about the full range of emotions when I think about how she will be our last child. Anyway, it looks like my computer is finally up and running, so I am finally able to get back to my photos and my blog. Yay!!
Eden, at 9 months old, you:
*have 5 teeth (including the one that broke through yesterday, and the one that broke through today). (I tried really hard to get a picture of your cute smile, but couldn't quite show it all. You got your two bottom front teeth and one of your top front teeth awhile ago, so that has been all that you could see when you smile. Adorable!)
*love to be held by your mom, but prefer to save your hugs for your dad.

*still wake up once during the night. You usually go to bed between 8 and 8:30, and wake up at 1:30 or 3:30am for a bottle. You are up for the morning now at 5:30am (ugh!).*Usually take one really long nap (3+ hours) and then have another short nap or two each day.
*have started eating some finger foods, and LOVE pancakes.
*are a pro at finding any random scraps of papers, hair, dust bunnies, or wrappers on the floor to put in your mouth. I am constantly finding you chewing and have to dig in your mouth to see what little thing you've found. (And that is after we have swept, mopped, and vacuumed the floors. I have no idea where you are finding it all!*Are the sweetest little baby most of the time. You are so generous with your smiles and love to interact with others. However, watch out, because when you want something or are sad or tired, you skip the whimpering and go straight for the full-on scream/cry. Good thing you can turn it off as soon as it starts.*Are cruising around the furniture, but still haven't gotten brave enough to attempt to walk.
*Are as squirmy as ever. I don't think you ever sit still unless you are sleeping.

*Have been eating so much better! You still take a bottle about every 3 hours during the day, and drink 5-6 ounces each time. You also eat the equivalent of a jar or more of baby food at each meal (you mainly eat homemade baby food).
*Have been off of all reflux medicine for a month or two now, and are doing so well. I am hoping our next followup at the GI will be our last.
*Have fairly long hair. It is definitely longer and darker than your siblings' hair was at your age.
*Wear size 3 diapers.
Eden, I hope you know how much I love you. I feel so blessed to have you in our family, and have seen so many wonderful ways that our family has grown and improved with you in it. You have taught your siblings to be more gentle (most of the time) and compassionate. They have all discovered joy in serving, as they have helped us with you. You have helped me learn more about faith and patience, and unconditional love. I am thankful every single day for you!

2 comments:

Kate said...

She is so beautiful! I love her little teeth! Those are great photos :)

Unknown said...

Wow, those eyes! She has gorgeous blue eyes. :)