Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finally...

Brynn shows off her new smile, minus one of her bottom baby teeth.
You can see the permanent tooth already growing in behind the space.


A few weeks ago, Brynn was complaining of her gums hurting and when I looked in her mouth, I saw that a permanent tooth had started growing in behind the baby tooth. The baby tooth that should have been pushed out by the new tooth wasn't even loose, so the dentist told her to wiggle the tooth loose in the next month or so.

We have spent several nights working on that goal. I would count, "One, Two, Three...Pull that sucker out!" and she would push, pull, and wiggle a little harder. I even saw her attempting to blow the tooth out of her mouth and into the pocket of the tooth fairy pillow. After hours and hours of this, our excitement began to turn to frustration. After a single attempt to help her with the tooth, I was banned from touching her mouth, as was Dave or the dentist or anyone else. Finally on Friday after school, she came to show me that the tooth was loose enough that she could bend it forward, so that it could touch the front of her gums (yeah, pretty gross). I told her that it was really ready to come out, and that with one good pull, it would. I think she was surprised when that is exactly what happened. She was so proud and excited! It has been her favorite topic this weekend! She was also excited to see what the tooth fairy would bring. I don't know if I've ever seen her so eager to go to sleep at night! This is her first tooth to come out, so its been a pretty big deal! Incidentally, Eden is in various stages of getting all 4 of her molars in right now too.

No comments: