Sunday, May 15, 2011

April in Pictures


We started April off with a fun little surprise for April Fools' Day. I made cupcakes to look like mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, and spaghetti and meatballs. I can't take credit for the idea, since I saw it somewhere online, but it was a big hit with the kids (and Dave too, actually). The "potatoes" were made from white frosting with a yellow Starbust pat of "butter" and caramel sauce "gravy". The carrots were cut up Starburst. the spaghetti was done with frosting and the "sauce" was strawberry jam with a Ferrer Rochet chocolate as a "meatball".

My beautiful oldest daughter:



Brynn has been really interested in watching me sew, so I got her this little kid's sewing machine. We made a few holders for their gogurts and otter pops, but then the machine broke and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I wouldn't buy it again, but she enjoyed it.


Collin hasn't taken a formal nap in his bed in quite awhile, but he still falls asleep almost daily in the car, while watching TV, sitting straight up on the couch, etc. I think it's adorable!

He is also still quite goofy! He is so much like Dave in so many ways, especially how he will be a total goofball for a laugh!

Then there's Eden (aka Mini). She has a mind of her own, and so does her hair! It grows straight forward, and she refuses to let me put any kind of bow or clip in her hair. I guess a bang trim is in her near future! (And yes, she also got the goofball gene!)


Love the voluntary sibling hugs! (I didn't ask them to do this for the picture. They do hug each other quite a bit. Of course, they also shove each other quite a bit as well. Just keeping it real, folks!)






Easter
Collin was thrilled with the Batman pjs the Easter bunny left. It had a cape that velcroed onto the shirt, so it is the only pajamas he wants to wear unless they are in the laundry basket.


Brynn and Eden both got new swimsuits in their basket. Between that and the sweets they received, they were happy as well.




As you can see, Eden has become quite a climber. We have resorted to keeping the dining chairs and barstools on their sides, because she will be on the tables or counters in a matter of seconds. Apparently, she has no fear of heights like her mother or her grandmother.



Drinking her bottle and playing with her hair.
And I can't believe I am posting this, but here we are fresh out of bed (Collin is usually the last one awake in the mornings).



No comments: