Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother's Day

I had another really nice Mother's Day this year. I loved spending the day relaxing and getting to reflect on the wonderful mothers (my own mom, my mother-in-laws, my grandmas, etc) that I am so fortunate to have in my life. I have so many incredible examples to show me how I want to be with my own kids and the legacy I want to leave them.

The day started with Dave getting up with the kids so I could sleep in--a rare treat! Brynn woke me up excitedly to tell me to come eat the breakfast they had prepared. Dave is really good at making breakfast, and I enjoyed scrambled eggs and strawberry-topped waffles. Yum! Then I was presented with lots of cute handmade cards from the kids. The day before Dave and the kids had given me flowers as well.

We all went to church together (which hasn't happened much lately, since it seems like someone has been home sick most Sundays lately). I love listening to the Mother's Day talks and getting re-inspired to become a better mom. The kids wore their Easter outfits that they hadn't been able to wear on Easter since Brynn was home sick. They looked so cute!

That afternoon, we went to my parents' house with my side of the family. The men made a delicious meal of pork chops, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad, and sauteed mushrooms. While we were there, I got a few pictures of my little kiddos.

As soon as the camera came out, Eden decided she wasn't having any of it. However, as we were trying to get Eden in a more cooperative mood, Brynn and Collin started hugging and being so cute together. They were doing this on their own...too sweet, huh?!






We finally got Eden to sit down for a moment...
LOVE these guys! I don't think anyone could have ever adequately explained just how much a mom can love their kids until I experienced it for myself. They each bring so much happiness to my life!
My beautiful mom with my kids...
Me and my "babies"...
Since the kids were all coordinated in their black, white, and pink, I decided to do the same. Cheesy, I know, but it was my day, so I did it anyway. I got a quick shot of "the girls" (me, Eden, and Brynn) with our pink shoes.

No comments: