Wednesday, July 27, 2011

June Miscellany

So I am not really sure that "miscellany" is even a word, but at this point, I am just glad to get some pictures up. This summer has been really busy. We have spent alot of time out of town and had family visit here a few times as well. We've also tried to sneak in a few playdates, get in some swimming, visit the library a few times, etc. Its been busy, but fun!

Speaking of playdates, Brynn had her friend Quinci over for a sleepover in June, and we tried to cross a few things off our summer bucket list while she was here. I made them some "splash bombs" and turned on the sprinkler. They spent a couple hours playing in the water.


Eden wasn't quite as fond of getting splashed as they were
She did, however, like sucking the grass- and dirt-filled water from the splash bombs. (She's definitely kid #3, since I would have never allowed that with my 1st).

Dave and I got a few dates nights during the month, thanks to the-most-amazing-babysitter-ever Robyn! I was only a little jealous to come home from one of those dates to find Eden sleeping peacefully curled up on Robyn's lap. I can't remember the last time Eden fell asleep while I was holding her.

We made indoor (microwave) s'mores and the kids have spent most of the summer "camping out" in each other's rooms (one sleeps on the floor of the other one's room).

We spent mornings in our jammies. I also spent pretty much every morning removing Eden from the tops of furniture, and cleaning up constant messes.

Once in a while, the kids helped out too.

It's been a great summer! But, in the spirit of keeping it real, there has been an excessive amount of arguing between two kids in particular, I've heard "that's boring," "can I have a snack?," and "Up! Up! Up!" incessantly this summer. Its bittersweet to think about summer ending and school beginning.

No comments: