Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Reading

For the 1st time since having kids, I am finally finding time for some reading (you know, besides all the pregnancy and baby books I have flipped through in desperation in the middle of the night). I am realizing just how much I like reading. Luckily, I have several friends who have similar taste in what they like to read. Through their recommendations, I have liked all the books I have read this summer. If anyone is looking for a good, fun book, I would also recommend any of these:


The Hunger Games series
Pride and Prejudice (I don't think I ever read this in high school, so I felt that I should. I found it really slow in the beginning, and I almost gave up reading it a few times. I ended up loving it though, and by the end I understood why its a favorite of so many.)
Matched
The Help
Tower Window (I think that was the name of the book. It was a paperback from the 60s that I've had forever. It was a fun read, but I had to toss it in the recycle bin afterwards, because it was literally falling apart as I read it).
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so glad to read your updates! I'm going to read that last book you mentioned. I just finished "Forgotten Garden" and really liked it. Glad you're having a great summer!