Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Craziness

This summer has been really busy! We have been in and out of town, spent alot of time with family, and had other activities. Hopefully this weekend, I can get a little caught up on updating the blog. There might be a long string of posts in the next few days. In no particular order,and starting with...

Last weekend, Dave and I enjoyed a quick little getaway. Since having kids, I don't think Dave and I have gotten away together more than once or twice. It was heaven! We are so fortunate to have an amazing babysitter (my cousin, Robyn) who has pretty much been our only babysitter since Brynn was born. She truly loves our kids, and we know they are always in good hands with her.

Any way, we decided to stay in the valley, and ended up booking the weekend at the Arizona Grand Resort (formerly the Pointe at South Mountain). It was so much fun! They have a really great water park, so we hardly noticed the heat. A lazy river, lots of reading, alone time with my guy, good food, a bit of shopping, and uninterrupted sleep...perfect! We decided we need to at least make it an annual thing.

On the Saturday, we had Robyn bring the kids over to the hotel to enjoy a few hours at the water park with us. It was fun to get to see them a bit, but also nice when it was time for them to go back home. :) I had intentions of taking more pictures while we were away, but I ended up only taking two.

Dave and I in a less-than-flattering self portrait:
Robyn and Eden (somehow Eden even let Robyn do her hair. I was dying over how cute she looked in those cute little pig tails!)

No comments: