Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Big Sigh of Relief

Collin had his regular check up today with his cardiologist. It is always a stressful day when he has these appointments, because they have to do several tests that require him to hold very still for up to an hour at a time. That is alot to ask of a toddler, especially one who thinks it's torture to hold still just for a 30 second diaper change. Then, of course, there is always the fear in the back of mind that reminds me that we could get bad news on his condition. However, today I got to breathe a big sigh of relief. Collin did so well during all his tests. We zoomed through them in about half the time that it normally takes, because he was so calm and cooperative. He was such a sweetie! We also got confirmation that he is doing well. There are things they are keeping an eye on, but he is doing good. As I'm driving away after each cardiology appointment we have been to, I always get a little overwhelmed. I am so grateful that Collin is healthy and that I have been allowed the opportunity to raise him and have him in our family. I am grateful for the growth that these experiences have provided me. I continue to learn and grow from them even now. I am the type of person who wants answers to things immediately and definitively. I don't like "maybe" "should" or "probably" answers. I want immediate resolutions. Life really isn't about immediate, definitive answers. That sweet little boy of mine has shown me that "maybe", "should" and "probably" can be wonderful answers too. And now we can relax a little bit more, until his next appointment.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went well. Collin is such a sweet little guy. Can't wait to you guys sometime soon!

The Kriloff Klan said...

I glad that is went well! I love your perspective at the end!

Emily Webb said...

Man I am so glad all is still well! I know the feeling of going to the appts. And getting the "maybe" "hopefully" "probably's" too, they are the worst! But is really is a huge relief that all is well.