Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cousins, Cousins, Cousins

That has been the theme for the week around here. We had all been anticipating the arrival of my brother Brian and his wife Natacha's newest daughter on July 24th. However, little Camille Alessandra decided to make an early entrance and was born on July 11th. Although she was born a little earlier than expected, Camille (and Natacha) are both doing well. Brian didn't have enough time to get a flight into town to be there for the delivery (since he wasn't thinking it was going to happen so soon), so my mom was with Natacha for the c-section and got to cut the cord. Camille was born at the hospital that is only 2 miles away from our house, so I was able to visit them a few times already. Camille is so cute and so tiny. Both of my kids were pretty huge at birth, so I feel like an amateur when I'm holding little Camille. She has skinny little legs and the tiniest feet and lots of dark hair (again nothing I am used to seeing, since my kids were BALD). She's adorable!
Friday night (the same night Camille was born), I had already invited all of Brynn and Collin's cousins from my side of the family over for a sleepover. My dad's side of the family were all in town, so that night we all had dinner at my parents' house. Afterwards, we loaded up our car with the 5 cousins (Brynn, Collin, Trance, MaJesta, and Micaela) and headed back to our house. It was so much fun! Micaela wins the award for biggest party animal that night, since she was up the latest (10:30) and woke up first the next morning (5am). We went to McDonald's the next morning and had breakfast and let the kids play. They all had fun together!
Trance finally gets a reprieve from all the screaming girls so he can get a little sleep:
This next picture is unrelated to the whole "cousins" thing, but I couldn't resist posting it. Its a quick snapshot I got as we were leaving the grocery store today. Collin insists on wearing his hat this way, and thinks he looks pretty cool. I would have to agree.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ahhh. I love that little picture of her in the cute outfit. She is teeny!

What a fun cousin sleepover (for them, maybe less fun for you).