Thursday, December 11, 2008

She's growing up

I'm sure every parent does this, but some days in particular I look at one of my kids and get a little glimpse of them all grown up. They will do something or wear something or say something that makes them seem particularly old that day, and I get a momentary sense of panic at how quickly they are growing. Today was Brynn's turn. As I was doing her hair before preschool, she requested two ponytails. She pretty much NEVER wants me to do anything besides a single hair clip, so I don't get to see her in ponytails often. She was so proud of it too. She immediately walked down the hall to Dave's home office, and asked "Daddy, you want to see I'm beau-ti-ful?" He, of course, agreed. Maybe it's the hair, maybe it's all the funny or grown up things she's been saying lately, but I have been getting alot of those glimpses of who she is becoming. I am excited for her and all the amazing experiences she has in store for her, but I am also going to try a little bit harder to appreciate who she is right now. Her meltdowns, her constant clingyness, as well as her sensitivity, her bravery through her fears, her strongwill...they are all part of who she is right now, and I am so thankful for my little girl.

6 comments:

Maren said...

mel, i think i see allison in her! maybe it is the cute curly hair. she is so so cute.

Kate said...

Man, that is darling picture of a beautiful girl. I love your perspective Melanie. I need to try harder at that as well. I wish I could keep that perspective throughout the day.

Ariana Sullivan said...

That's such a cute picture of her. I love the ponies :)

I love Gilbert- I have several friends who live out there.

How was Brynn's recovery from getting her tonsils out? Brooklyn needs her tonsils and adenoids removed and I'm just been putting it off and putting it off because I'm scared. lol

Rhonda said...

She looked so darling with her pig tails. They did make her look different but I don't know if I saw older. But she has gotten much more social in preschool since the beginning of the year. She is a fun girl to have around.

elle pothier said...

She does look like she's growing up way too fast! She is so cute Melanie! I hate how fast they turn from babies to big kids...but I love every stage so much that it makes it all ok. The big kids are so fun too.

I'm so glad the surgery went well and that you got through November...it looks like it was a busy one. I lvoe all these pictures. They're beautiful.

Kelly said...

I can't believe how big our little girl is getting...just kidding but I do feel as though she is a bit "mine"! I sure love her like she is! She does look so big in this picture. I have been saying the same thing about Quinci, especially since the babies came. "Our little girls are growing up", Mel.