Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

OK, I am cheating and backdating this, since I am slightly embarrassed that it is the end of April and Easter seems like forever ago now. Oops. I am definitely not a very good blogger. I also realize that I have become a very lazy photographer, and am always disgusted with the pictures I've been taking lately. Oh well, I have been trying to be more "in the moment" than all about the pictures, so you will just have to overlook their terrible quality.

This year, we celebrated Easter with Dave's family the Friday before Easter Sunday. We had a delicious dinner of tilapia and lots of yummy fruits and veggies. Nice and light and healthy. The kids on the other hand left their Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Jerry's in a near sugar-coma. They hardly ate any dinner, but when Grandpa Jerry busted out the cake with a 1 to 1 ratio of cake and frosting, the kids were suddenly starving. Brynn requested the piece with the purple frosting flower, and Grandpa obliged. Not to be left out, Collin got the yellow flower.


As soon as they stuffed their little bodies with as much sugar and food coloring as they could take, it was time for the Easter egg hunt. Grandma Cheryl helped them find all the jelly bean-filled eggs that had been left around her house.
Their buckets were full, and somehow they still had room to consume some of the jelly beans right then and there (I guess all that frosting had provided a soft place in their tummies for the jelly beans to land. Mmm.)

Sunday morning they awoke to their baskets filled with goodies from the Easter Bunny.

Brynn's favorites (besides the candy--yes, my kids both have a serious sweet tooth) were the collection of lipglosses and the bubbles.

Collin was excited for another basketball to add to his collection.

And of course there were Peeps.

Collin was not a Peeps fan.

The Easter Bunny thought that since the kids loved making gingerbread houses at Christmas, that they would love these little candy castles as well. Too bad the castle walls were more like thin sheets of styrofoam. Nasty. And they didn't seem to fit together right, so they weren't too kid-friendly. This was about as far as Collin got with his castle building.

Brynn's castle came together a little better.
This was Collin's expression after tasting his candy castle (he's saying "nasty" as he's making this face). I would have to agree.

After church, we headed over to my parents' house for dinner with my family. The cousins loved seeing each other.

MaJesta and Brynn
Bubbles...
It was another nice Easter, and I was thankful for the extra reflection on Christ. It is so humbling to think about all the blessings that I have in my life, and the sacrifices that He has made for each of us.

No comments: