Monday, April 7, 2008

Bubbles and Sidewalk Chalk


I've really been trying to spend more one-on-one time with Brynn lately. The goal is to do fun things together. Nothing too elaborate, just some quality time with my daughter. Today Dave took Collin to the gym, while Brynn and I stayed home. The weather was perfect outside, so we grabbed the bubble mixture and the sidewalk chalk and headed outside. It made me so happy to see Brynn with such a huge smile on her face.
After we filled the front yard with bubbles and the bubble mixture got knocked over a couple times, we moved onto the sidewalk chalk. I have to admit it was the first time either of us have ever used it, so Brynn was surprised and excited that she was being allowed to draw on the "floor."

And here is the (disgusting) evidence of a fun afternoon:

4 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

Love the cute toes! Good mom moment! Of coarse I remember you!!! So great to keep in touch with you! Your kids are darling! Are you still doing photography? I need some done of my family! Let me know!

Just K said...

best picture ever of Brynn's dirty feet! Come play at our house, i'll entertain the kids and you take the photos. I just love to read your blog.

Angie said...

Cute, cute, cute. I bought some sidewalk chalk that was on clearance at WalMart after Easter. It'll be a couple years before we can use it though.

I'm wondering the same thing as Jen. Are you booking sessions of other people? I'd be interested for the girls.

Melanie said...

You all are so sweet with your comments. Thanks! I'm not really doing sessions these days. I decided that right now I need to focus on my family (no pun intended). I'm hoping that one day in the future there will be better timing for me to get back into it. I do miss it.