Thursday, April 10, 2008

Remembering

I just wanted to wish my brother Justin a Happy Birthday! We are less than 2 years apart, so we grew up fighting quite a bit, but then would often end up defending each other whenever we would get into trouble. I am so proud of him and the person he is. He is always helping other people out. I remember several years ago when we were moving and most of our friends and family were out of town or busy, and we couldn't afford a moving company. Justin showed up with his truck first thing in the morning and spent the entire day helping us. Oh, and did I mention it was the middle of the summer? That is just one example of his generosity. He's also a really good dad who is very involved in his kids' lives. I hope he has a great day! Here he is entertaining Collin:



Today also would have been my Grandma L's birthday. Its been about a decade since she passed away, but I still think about her alot. She never got to meet my kids, but I think about how she is probably watching them and the delight she would get in them. I also feel like she was there during Collin's ordeal after his birth, and how she must have been one of his little angels helping him and I. She was a beautiful person, and I am blessed to have had the relationship with her that I have.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I can't believe that Justin lives a few streets away from me and I've still never seen him around! Hope he had a great day.

Your Grandma Luster was great! I remember going to her house a few times with you. I agree that she's looking down with joy at your little family.