Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sick...again

Since September, it has felt like one of the kids or I have had something. This time its Brynn. Just before we were supposed to go meet a friend for dinner, Brynn started acting really strange and her eyes were red and goopy and she wouldn't open them. Needless to say, Dave had to go to dinner without us. Brynn is way over napping these days, but she slept for 3 hours in the evening yesterday. I couldn't even wake her to eat dinner. A doctor's appointment this morning confirmed that she has pink eye in both eyes and an ear infection. Great. We were just at the doctor's a couple weeks ago because Brynn had a weird rash that turned out to be Fifth Disease. I figure that the way the last several months have gone, we should be immune to just about everything. Actually, Brynn is feeling much better today and seems to be back to her feisty self. She's already on medicine, and the doctor assures me we can get out of the house and back to the outside world again tomorrow.

This past year has really taught me not to take health for granted. I have also learned how blessed I am to have a husband who is so helpful and involved in his kids' lives. He was the one who stayed up with Brynn until midnight last night, when her nap gave her a "second wind".

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, that stinks! I hope she feels better soon and no one else contracts anything in the meantime!