Monday, April 21, 2008

We made it!

So we made it through the weekend just fine. Dave was helpful with the kids, and he let me get out of the house for a little me-time on Saturday too. I even got a nap on Sunday morning. Brynn has been especially sweet the past few days also. Several times a day, she says, "Mommy....I love you SOOO much!" She has been giving lots of sweet hugs and kisses too, and when she isn't trying to wrestle her brother, she has been so cute with him too. She has several nicknames for him, so instead of "Collin", she usually refers to him as Buddy, Brother, Muffin Man, or ChunkaMonk. It is so sweet, and definitely gets me through the more difficult parts of being a mom. OK, so when Collin fell the other day and started crying, Brynn was quick to tell me that we need to get a new brother, but they do love each other. And Collin's rash never got very bad, and is already gone. Weird.

Speaking of making it through the weekend, Brynn has been having a tough time going to bed the past few weeks. I have literally had to pry her little hands off of my neck to put her in bed, and then she screams for at least 20 minutes until she falls asleep. Well, the other night, we had a talk about it. She was never able to communicate to me why she was doing this, but she finally told me that she is scared of things getting her in her bed. I guess she has been having nightmares, and now she thinks frogs or alligators or whatever will bite her in her sleep. Poor thing! She tends to be pretty dramatic, so I still wasn't sure how scared she was versus how much she was trying to manipulate me into staying up late. We had a talk about how she's safe in her bed, and nothing is going to bite her in her sleep. She still wasn't convinced, so I suggested she say a prayer whenever she gets scared, so Heavenly Father can help her feel safe. She immediately wanted me to say a prayer with her right then. In fact, we ended up saying two prayers. Then, she layed down and went to sleep without any crying. The same thing happened again last night. It is so sweet to see the faith and trust of a child. I hope she will always hang onto that faith, and know that her Heavenly Father loves her and is always watching over her.

2 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

And the little child shall lead them! I love it when you get those tender opportunties. It makes it worth while!

Angie said...

Bryn is such a sweet little sister. And I'm impressed what a good mom you are! May the frogs and crocodiles stay out of her bed!!