Thursday, May 8, 2008

Brynni-Bop and Buddy

In our family, it is pretty rare that you hear someone being called by their actual name. Each of us has several nicknames. It all started because Dave has always had nicknames for everyone. When Brynn was born, a few people expressed concern that she would be confused about what her name really is. Well, she takes after Dave in so many other ways that it hasn't really surprised me that she always knows what nickname belongs to whom. She even has her own nicknames for others. She is always referring to Collin as "Buddy". Its so cute, because he really is her little buddy. Collin absolutely adores her as well. From the time he was a newborn, Brynn could always get him to smile so easily. They just have this connection that makes me so happy as their mom. I hope they always remain close. I love how they interact with each other and the different sides they bring out in each other. They are both at such fun stages (most of the time). And just look at those sweet faces:






Collin just figured out how to pucker his mouth and make a kissing noise today. He was so excited about this new skill that he was going around the room kissing Brynn and I...and the dogs...and the door...you get the point. He's such a sweet kid!
After Collin ran out of kisses, Brynn wanted to read to him. She got out one of the illustrated scripture books for kids that we have and would point to each picture as she "read" about the prophets and Nephi. Collin loved the storytime. Gosh, I love those two!!


2 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

What darling kiddos! My kids know they are busted when I call them by their real name!

Angie said...

I'm laughing at what Jen said. That's pretty funny.

It's so great to see what good buddies Brynn & Collin are.