Sunday, May 25, 2008

Princesses and a Birthday

This weekend we got to spend time with some of our good friends. They live about half an hour away, and are in the first trimester of expecting twins (so exciting!!), so we haven't seen them as much lately. We are so glad that despite the distance and not feeling well, they came to visit. There is always alot of fun and laughter when we get together, and our kids and their daughter Quinci love playing together. Q loves to play dress up, so it wasn't long until the girls were transformed into little princesses. As soon as they had their chosen outfits on, Q requested that I take their picture. Here are the princess friends...


Collin even got into the dress up fun. I didn't get any pictures of him, but he thought he was pretty cute with a princess hat and veil. I guess we should invest in a pirate costume or something. I just love seeing kids being imaginative and not so self-conscious as adults.

Today is Dave's dad's birthday, and we wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday! We are so excited that we will be able to see him soon! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father-in-law! He is such a smart man who always has amazing insight into situations and other people, and I appreciate his perspective. He is one of the least judgemental people I know. He is an amazing dad to his kids and he is a fun grandpa to our kids. Hope he has an extra good day today!!

2 comments:

Emily Webb said...

I am so glad you found me! Looks like you are all doing great! I love all the pics, you are still so good at taking the pics!

Kate said...

Melanie- This is such a cute post! We (me and the kids) are out of town until Thurs. and then Cub Day Camp is this weekend, so we should definetly get together next week.