Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good Thing They're So Cute

Little Man has been getting into EVERYTHING lately! He is quite a curious little guy, and it seems like everytime I try to get anything done around the house, he has created a new little mess for me to clean up. I'll admit, one of today's messes was in part my fault. I gave him a little container of yogurt for breakfast and hoped he would be able to feed himself a bit, while I attended to the huge pile of dishes that had been accumulating in the sink. Within seconds, I realized that my little break to do dishes had cost me some extra laundry, a bath, and some extra cleaning. Here's how I found Little C:





By the time he was done with the yogurt (OK, by the time I was done with it), he had it up both arms, all over his shirt and shorts, and in specks all over the floor, wall, and the blinds. Our little princess tries to alert us to his messes, but meanwhile she has often created a few of her own. I have been trying to teach her that although I appreciate her trying to help clean up her spilled (insert messy food here) by smearing it around on the table with her spoon, it would really be better to just wait until I can wipe up the little blob of food. Seriously, she's got some skills, because I still can't figure out how exactly she can make one drop of applesauce go far enough to "paint" half of the table. But I have to agree with my mom. She says God gave me two extra cute kids, because they would need that to keep me from getting so upset at the things they do. I mean look at that face...

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love the series of pics of Collin. So funny and absolutely adorable.

Maren said...

brynlee will only eat the pink packaged yogurts. she has one for breakfast every day! anyway, i hate the way they smell. i want to barf everytime i have to clean her up. YUCK! so to see this mess...he is adorable but all i can think about is the nasty smell! : )

The Kriloff Klan said...

Oh how could you get upset with those cute faces! Easier said than done I know!

Caryn said...

That is super cute. Would you believe my little guy also had a yogurt mess today?! They kill me. Quiet = Mess at my house!

Shawni said...

Melanie, I'm so glad you said hi because I forgot what you said your blog address was. Now I can feel connected. I love these pictures and hearing about life at your house! I'm curious about what photo workshop you went to. There's one coming up in June (Bellies&Babies)...I'm thinking of signing up for that one. Want to come?

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel! You really do have the cutest kids ever (right along side Q) I lvoe spending time with them and with you guys! You all seem to make life so much better!

Kate said...

Melanie- how fun that you have a blog! I hope you don't mind me snooping in on it! Your kids are so adorable. And even though Collin made a big mess I bet he learned how to get a little in his mouth!