Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Don't let those pouty expressions fool you, today has been a wonderful day! I feel so blessed to have a mother who is an incredible example to me, as well as my best friend. She has such a quiet strength to her and always provides little gems of wisdom that give me the perspective I need. Her life is full of helping others and she does it without expecting anything in return. I can only hope that one day I can become like her.

I am also very fortunate to have other wonderful mothers in my life. My mother-in-law Cheryl and my step-mother-in-law Ida, as well as our grandmothers, all play such an important part in our families. I am so thankful for each one of them and the love and support they give us.

Mother's Day is also an extra special day, because of my two sweet little kids. There were several years when Mother's Day was a difficult day, because it was a reminder that we still didn't have the blessing of children in our home that we so greatly desired. Now, the day is a reminder to me of just how grateful I am for my kids and the opportunity I get to be their mom. Dave, Brynn, and Collin really made this Mother's Day so nice. Dave had arranged for his mom to come watch the kids earlier in the week, while he took me to get a massage. Then he had the kids all day Saturday while I attended a photo workshop (which was so much fun!). While I was gone, he bathed them, took them to the park, and helped them make a big poster (see picture at top) for me for Mother's Day. At church today, he would take the kids out in the hall if they were too disruptive and let me stay and listen to the talks. In the evening, we went to my parents' house for dinner with my side of the family. The men had planned the meal, and they cooked for us. It was not only a thoughtful gesture, but a delicious meal! Since I didn't have to help prepare dinner, I took B and C and their cousins M and T outside to practice some of the photo tips I had learned the day before. Good thing my niece M is always up for having her picture taken, because my kids weren't in cooperative moods. It really was a happy day for me, and I hope our moms had a Happy Mother's Day as well!

Here's my cuties today:






My niece M with Collin


My niece and nephew


A willing model!



3 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

Looks like you also had a great day! Happy Mother's Day!

Angie said...

Wow. Justin's kids looks SO old!
Glad you had a fun day--with a great hubs and dad to help make it relaxing.

LeeAnn Freeman said...

I can't believe how much Majesta looks like Alison! Wow! I sure miss seeing Majesta and Trance. Your blog is great.