Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Another tradition we have is to get together with my dad's side of the family every Christmas Eve. We have lasagne and we've also added enchiladas and tamales (my Grandma Bertha makes delicious enchiladas!). It is fun to see the kids excitement and anticipation when they know Santa is on his way. Its also nice for the adults to catch up and have a bit of relaxation during the craziness of the season.

My brother Brian and his family came in town for the week. We took this picture of the men that were there. (back row: my Uncle Scott, Collin, Dave, Justin, and Brian; front row: my Dad and my Grandpa)

My Uncle Scott trying to get his dad (my grandpa) to smile bigger and "show some teeth", as his wife requested. Didn't really work...
My mom keeps several musical stuffed animals around her house for the kids to enjoy around Christmas. The first thing my kids have been doing when they go to their house, is to head straight for the musical animals. Eden will just stare and stare at them (and then usually start dancing):
The kids also love having Grandma do "Fisty, Flatty" or "Plant the Seed" on their backs. Collin has his turn here, while my cousin Camille waits next to him:
Eden came over to help:
Cousins and friends Collin and Camille:
Collin with his Uncle Brian (there aren't many pictures of Brynn, since she and Micaela were off playing somewhere else in the house):
My Grandpa L and his wife Bertha, my Aunt Margie and Uncle Scott:
Eden clapping and dancing along with the dancing Santa:
My dad and Collin have a special bond. I love watching them interact together.
My Grandpa and Collin:

No comments: