Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Morning (Part 2)

After we opened our presents, we headed over to my parents' house where we all (my siblings and their families included) made a big breakfast together. Its a tradition that includes pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, juice, egg nog, etc. It is also a tradition that we blow a fuse and end up preparing parts of breakfast in unusual parts of the house.

Dave, my dad and my mom:

Justin preparing hash browns at my mom's desk (see what I mean about having to prepare the food in unusual spots):

Justin's girlfriend Jessica supervising the hash browns:
My niece MaJesta providing much of the entertaining (can you tell she was excited about Christmas?):
Eden with her Uncle Justin:
Opening Gifts After Breakfast

Trance, Justin, and Jessica:
Collin:
Probably not the effect he was going for, but I thought Collin looked so cute sulking over something:
Eden with her Uncle Travis:

What do I do with this thing?

Our group has gotten bigger over the years. Between people and gifts, you couldn't really see the floor.


After awhile, most everyone left to go take naps or visit other family members. I stayed for awhile with Collin and Brynn, so they could spend as much time with their cousins who were visiting from California. Collin busted out his new train set, and kept busy with it for a couple hours.

A few years ago, we all made a scrapbook for my parents for Christmas. They love getting new pages to update it each year. This is our page from this year:
It was such a fun Christmas! As the kids have gotten older, it has become so fun to see their excitement and anticipation. I love all the traditions that we are passing on to them and the new ones we are creating together.

No comments: