Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Celebrations

This Easter has turned out to be one of my favorites! Things just seemed a little more layed back and I was able to get more done ahead of time, rather than cram everything into the last minute and stress about it. On Friday, Brynn's friend Quinci came over to dye Easter eggs with Brynn. I loved seeing how proud and surprised they were at their creations. Like most kids, they enjoyed being able to make more of a mess than I usually like.The Easter celebrations continued on Saturday, as my side of the family as well as some friends came over for a party. We started with an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Brynn had such a good time looking for eggs with her friend Quinci and her cousins MaJesta and Trance.


Collin even found some eggs himself.

My Grandpa L and his wife Grandma B also took advantage of the fun atmosphere and the nice Spring weather.
(They didn't actually ride the motorcycle. They were just having fun with my brother's bike.)
After all 100+ eggs were found (I hope), we headed inside for lunch and then decorated sugar cookies. The kids thought they were in heaven with more messes to make and all the candy and colors! They got right to work on their little pieces of sugar art.

We thought Collin might enjoy decorating a cookie himself. We found out he takes after his dad and doesn't really care about food presentation when "all you're going to do is eat it any way." Collin did have fun sampling though!


My sister had been wearing some bunny ears, and Collin had been staring at throughout the day. Alison decided to put the ears on Collin. It was funny to watch his same expression as they were on him.

Brynn, Quinci, and MaJesta spent the rest of the time running from room to room playing happily together. What cuties!
After the party ended and my family went home, we spent a few hours with our friends, and then headed over for dinner with Dave's family.
Dave's mom is a fabulous cook and we had a delicious meal. Last night the weather was perfect, so we went in their backyard after we ate and the kids ran around. Their backyard is HUGE; Brynn and Collin could have stayed back there for hours.
The sun started to set, and I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the two of them together like I had intended (I didn't coordinate their outfits for nothing!). This was the shot I finally got--haha! Out of focus, no pretty lighting, and check out their pose...
Yeah, Brynn is over the "let's-be-gentle-with-the-baby" phase. At least she loves her little brother. Collin loves her also, just not so much when she's got him in a death grip.
I have really been thankful to have such a wonderful Easter. I have been able to let go of the stresses that often go with holidays, and take the time to reflect on what it actually means.

1 comment:

Angie said...

How fun. The last picture is my fave! You have a great family! I love them.