Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Weekend at Home

This weekend ended up being pretty uneventful. Dave was out of town at a seminar, and both Collin and I have been sick. We've had to find ways to entertain ourselves while we've been cooped up all weekend. The kids always find ways to make me laugh though, no matter where we are. Yesterday Collin spent half an hour chasing the dog around, putting one of his receiving blankets on the dog's head. Our poor dog would sit patiently for a moment and then move his head so that the blanket would fall off. Collin thought he was playing peek-a-boo with him, so he was only encouraged to continue putting the blanket on him. He was laughing hysterically the whole time!


Then this morning, Brynn took her turn at making me laugh. Collin had been crying and I asked Brynn if she would go in his room and get his pacifier. She looked at me with the most serious face, and answered, "No, I'm busy." Um, OK. Then she looks a little disgusted at even having to explain herself, and says, "Mommy, I'm practicing for the circus" as she does a tumbling move over the back of their little foam couch. Hey, at least she wasn't lying.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, the circus, what else? She's so cute and adorable in that picture!