Friday, March 7, 2008

Ponytails



When I was a kid, I used to love to do my hair. It was the 80s, so I was always doing different kinds of braids or going crazy with the curling iron or something. I loved it! I always looked forward to the day I could do my own daughter's hair too. When Brynn was born, she was basically bald and hated having things on her head, so I was lucky to get an occasional headband on her. Finally, 3 years later, her hair is finally long enough for ponytails. Of course, she still hates having things on her head or in her hair. Today was one of the rare days, however, where she actually asked me for ponytails. I so kindly obliged, and then obviously had to take pictures of the cuteness (if I do say so myself).


Sometimes I feel like life is just zooming by, and my kids are growing into little people right before my eyes. Her little ponytails somehow capture her youth for me for a bit....at least until she starts talking to me like she's 18 (i.e. Her favorite phrase lately: Oh. My. Gosh.)

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! I'm glad you started a blog too. We don't get much of a chance to visit anymore, so it will be fun to keep up with you this way!

Maren said...

hooray for blogging friends! angie forwarded your email to me and yes, i will definately add you to my 'inviteds' list. let me know what your email is. mareurkov@gmail.com BTW, your kids are so dang cute! i see a lot of luster in them! little brynn? is spitting image of you, i think. so cute.

Koral said...

Melanie, Your daughter is absolutely bea-u-ti-ful! I am so happy for your wonderful fortune in this life. Please keep using your amazing talent to post more of these great pictures...your blog is my inspiration so far...hopefully you'll get an invitation to "Aroca World" soon! Love you guys--Koral