Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lunch with "the ladies"

We had a fun day today! "The ladies" (as Brynn referred to them) came over for lunch. The ladies consist of my friend Angie and her cute twin baby girls. Angie and I have been friends since her family moved in next door to mine when I was in 5th grade. Her family was a second family to me, and it seemed like Angie and I were constantly going back and forth between her house and mine for the 7 years we were neighbors. I have so many fun memories of that time (riding our bikes to JJ Newberrys, chats about boyfriends/crushes, watching Santa Barbara, exchanging babysitting horror stories, our dads each having a turn at chasing away any possible intruders when one of us was home alone...etc). We have continued to keep in touch over the years (and no, I'm not saying just how many years its been), but we don't seem to see each other in person very often these days.

Today I got to meet Angie's sweet little girls Grace and Sophie. They are adorable, happy babies! It was so fun to see where we are in life now and that we are both happy. We have the families we used to dream about having when we were little girls (even if they did take a bit longer to get here than we anticipated). Thanks for the visit Ang! These are our girls together--Grace, Brynn, and Sophie (Collin was napping).

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the fun outing!!

Amy said...

Your blog is so cute! I was laughing at your shared memories...and I loved the old pictures Ang posted. It's so great when friendships can be renewed after so long!