Monday, March 10, 2008

We love the weekends!

We love our weekends and the little traditions we are starting with our kids. We got to spend alot of time as a family this weekend, and we also got to see alot of our extended family as well. On Friday night, we met some of Dave's family for dinner. We had such a good time catching up with them, and Brynn couldn't stop talking about seeing her Grandma Cheryl and Aunt Cyndi.

Both of our kids are morning people, so sleeping in just isn't an option for us. Instead, on Saturdays we get up and go get breakfast at our favorite little spot nearby. This past Saturday, we met my brother Justin, his wife Melissa, and their two cute kids there for breakfast. We had fun chatting with them, especially since we don't get to see them much these days with everyone's busy schedules. Trance is so good with his cousins, and Brynn loves having MaJesta around.
After breakfast, we took MaJesta with us and went to a Coinstar and then the bank, so the kids could unload their piggy banks. Brynn LOVES saving money (just like her dad!). I think she likes putting money in her "piggy" more than she does spending it. I'm sure that won't last for long.

Then we were off to a school carnival. Brynn absolutely loves bouncers! She will jump for hours. There were about 5 different bouncers at the carnival, so she was in heaven. MaJesta is very outgoing, so Brynn was much more adventurous than usual with MaJesta by her side.

That evening, I had a much needed girls' night out with my friend Kelly and some of her friends. With the kids being sick so much this winter, and our favorite babysitter being unavailable this month, it was great getting some time to myself. I need to do that more often...(right, Dave?!).

Sunday was also another nice day. After church, we had a lazy day at the house. That evening, we had my parents over for dinner. The kids were so excited to see them! Collin was showing off his new skills at walking, and Brynn was all about getting their attention too! I feel so blessed that our kids have such wonderful grandparents! Brynn and Collin have a special relationship with each of them, and just light up when they are in their presence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first visit to a blog! Melanie, I'm so impressed!! I'm lovin' this! Make sure the rest of the family gets to see it, too. Love ya! Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, Collin is so BIG, and Brynn's hair is so cute and curly as always! I'm such a breakfast fan too, how fun to have a special spot to go to breakfast saturday morning!!

Just K said...

Hurray Melanie! I'm so excited to see pictures of your cute kiddos since we don't see each other in person very often. I love the photos of Brynn's ponytails, she is adorable!